Thursday, November 8, 2012

Safe and Sound, a Musical Post

Firstly: YAY!  I'm back!  I will post soon, explaining my rather extended absence from my blog.

Now that's taken care of, on to the music!

I have been obsessed with the song "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift, which features The Civil Wars (they're outstanding, by the way).  The song is featured on The Hunger Games soundtrack, for those of you interested.

Anyway, the song is beautiful.  Seriously.  The song is acoustic, with a little bit of drums near the end.  It's just...words are really hard to come by at this particular moment.  This could possibly be because my computer screen is just a tad blurry for reasons I will explain in just a minute.

After listening to the song, I looked up the lyrics and the song got even better.  The lyrics are beautiful and the song spoke to me in a way just a beautiful melody can't do.

Now, the reason my computer screen is blurry.  I couldn't help but think of my little sister Mikheala while listening to this beautiful song which promises safety.  And maybe I'm just being unnaturally weepy, but as the song played, my mind went back to the last time I spoke with my sister.  I think I even told her she'd be safe, she'd be okay.  And that's when the lines from the song really hit me:  "Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.  You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now.  Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."  And I totally lost it.  Good thing none of my roommates are around to see me sob into the couch, haha.  It's crazy, but she'd be sixteen now.

I've added a link to the video.  For the love of beautiful music, go listen.

1 comment:

overtonmom said...

I listened to this song, and I must say that I really liked it. I love you daughter and Mikheala LOVED her big sister.