Monday, August 22, 2011

School renewal and yummy food

School starts next Monday *cries*  I'm ready and not ready.  I love buying school supplies, so that may be where the "ready" part is coming from.  I love learning and the classes I'm signed up for this semester are going to be amazing.  But, I'm kind of dreading going back.  It's been nice having a lazy summer!  I don't want that to end.

But, alas, it will end all too soon.  Which means I need to get my butt in gear and buy *heavy sigh* my textbooks.

In other news, I made the most delicious dinner the other night.  Homemade chicken stir-fry rice.  And, because I'm awesome, the recipe is as follows:

1 cup of rice (I used brown, but it doesn't matter)
2 chicken breasts, thawed
Green and yellow pepper, chopped (I used half a green pepper and a quarter of the yellow because that's what I had)
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbsp tempura sauce (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp teriyaki sauce, enough to coat the rice, chicken, and veggie goodness
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs (I didn't use any real measuring cups or anything, so this is all guestimating)
Any other veggies that float your boat
Salt and pepper to taste

I cheated and used a rice cooker which also steamed the chicken.  Once the rice and the chicken were done, I added the whole lot to my pretty, shiny new wok, and cooked everything so the flavors meshed with each other.

It didn't take that long to make and boy was it yummy.  The recipe definitely makes enough for leftovers to be had the next day.

This talk about food makes me want to run out and find an awesome lunch box/bag.  I found a 3D-like princess lunch box at Target that made me smile.  Maybe I should run back for it.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Awesome lunch boxes/bags make a world of difference in back to school readiness.