Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Books, books, books! *hummed to the tune of Boys, Boys, Boys*

I'm an avid reader.  And by avid I mean, if I can't read a book I'd keel over.  I love spending time in the library close to my home (it's only a twenty minute walk...and a five minute drive) and the local Barnes and Noble (or Borders if I feel like going for a drive).  During my college career, I've often been faced with a difficult question: To eat or buy a book?  Well, the answer to that question was ALWAYS buy a book.  Sad, but true.  Or, not really sad...but still true.

Moving on.

I went to the library a few days ago and went on manic I-Must-Have-EVERY-Book-Here mode and checked out a grand total of 23 books.  This would've been a huge disaster if I had done this at Barnes and Noble.  They would've been happy but my wallet would have cried.

What books did I check out, you ask?  Well, I'll tell you.  Yeah, I really like adding pictures. 

Melay's Ultra-Special Reading List of AWESOME:

1) I actually checked out a TON of books for research that I'm doing for my novel.  Egads!  I know!  I'm writing a novel which requires research.  But it's happy-fun-time research, so all is currently well.

2) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
So, I just started reading this book after hearing about it from an author (<--click me!) I really enjoy.  So far, so good.








 3) Misguided Angel by Melissa De la Cruz
I love this series!  Yes, it's a vampire story, but it's so much better!  I love how she treats the vampire theme.  So, go out and check out Blue Bloods which is the first installment.  You're welcome.









4) Queen's Own Fool by Jane Yolen and Robert J. Harris
So, a good friend of mine (*wave* hi Hannah!) has suggested this book before and, like a dolt, I haven't taken a look until now.  I'll let you know what I think once it's been consumed by mah mind.







5) The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer
I heart this author.  One of my favorite books by him is called The Wish List.  I just finished the second chapter, and I'm enjoying it so far.









6) Tiana's Cookbook: Recipes for Kids
No judging.  I loved The Princess and the Frog and when I found out there was a cookbook that showed you how to make the things she made in the movie (like her man-catching beignets), I had to check it out.  I haven't made anything from the book yet, but it'll come.







7) The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook by Dinah Bucholz
Yay!









8) The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne
I snagged this book because the title was intriguing.  So far, it's very light, which is nice (my brain needs a break from heavily involved books from time-to-time).








9) Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Again, I saw this suggestion in another lovely author's blog (she wrote The Splendor Falls which is spectacular!).  I haven't started, but it'll be read and soon.








10) The Ruby Knight by David Eddings
I've read this book so many times, but it never gets old.  It's the book/series I turn to when I'm having a bummer day.












11) The Hollow by Jessica Verday
My little sister was raving about this book.  So, I stole borrowed her copy and started to read.








There are, without a doubt, more books that I've failed to mention in this post because I own some books that I haven't read.  Bad Malia!

Well, that's all for now.  As I finish the books, I'll post reviews here.

No comments: