Thursday, April 21, 2011

Summer Movies

So, as many of you are aware, the summer movie season has started!  *cheers*  Yay!  It's been awhile since I've been really interested in the summer movies that have come out (basically, I haven't been excited since The Dark Knight was released), so I decided to commemorate my happiness with a blog post listing all of the movies I wanna see this summer.

I've also decided that once I see one of the movies on my list, I'm gonna post a review of them right here on my blog.  Huzzah!

If you're still interested, here are the movies that I'm looking forward to seeing.  I've even included pictures.  How lucky are you?

P.S.  All the titles in blue are the movies I may die if I don't see.  The titles in red are movies that I would survive without seeing but I would be depressed for a week or more.  So, really, it's better that I just see them all.  Yup.

1) Water For Elephants--4/22/11
 This movie stars Robert Pattison and Reese Witherspoon and it's about a vet student that, in essessence, runs away to join the circus...as their vet.  No flying trapeze.  Sigh.






2) Fast Five--4/29/11
Of course, this movie stars Paul Walker and Vin Diesel as well as Dwayne Johnson.  I think I may have hyperventilated a little when I looked at the leads for this movie.










 3) Priest--5/13/11
Paul Bettany and Cam Gigandet star in this very interesting-looking movie about a priest (Bettany) going against church orders to beat down a coven of vampires and rescue his niece.












4) Thor--5/6/11
Stars: Chris Hemsworth

Okay, I totally nerded out when I saw a preview for this movie.  After the trailer I watched on TV, I loaded up IMDB and watched the clips they had available.  Ah, bliss.










5) Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides--5/20/11
Stars: Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.  

Huzzah for Captain Jack Sparrow!







 6) X-Men: First Class--6/3/11
Stars: James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender.  

I've been a fan of the X-Men for AGES.  I remember watching the old 90s cartoon and I was more recently sucked into X-Men Evolution as well as Wolverine and the X-Men.  I have to admit, I'm a little wary about this movie, just because I was kind of disappointed in X-Men 2 and 3, so I hope my dreams aren't shattered when I watch this movie.

7) Green Lantern--6/17/11
Stars: Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively.  

Okay.  Ryan Reynolds is in this movie.  I love him.  'Nuff said.











8)  Winnie the Pooh--7/15/11
Stars: Jim Cummings, Craig Ferguson.  

So, I feel like I need to justify my desire to see this movie.  I'm a fan of reliving/recapturing my childhood.  No judging.











9) Captain America: The First Avenger--7/22/11
Stars: Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving.

Another comic turned movie.  I also nerded out while watching one of the trailers.  I can't help it.  This movie looks fantastic!  And, I love both Chris Evans and Hugo Weaving.  I mean, how could I not see a movie that stars Hugo Weaving?







10) Cowboys and Aliens--7/29/11
Stars:Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford.  

Seriously?  Do I actually need to explain why I want to see this movie?  That should be answered by the actors headlining this summer flick.










11) Smurfs--7/29/11
Stars: Hank Azaria, Katy Perry.  

Again.  I claim that I'm recapturing my childhood.












12) Conan: The Barbarian--8/19/11
Stars: Jason Momoa, Ron Perlman.  

I don't know why, exactly, I want to see this flick.  Perhaps it's because I enjoyed Jason Momoa in Stargate: Atlantis.  Other than that, I've got nothing.










13) Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World--8/19/11
Stars:Jessica Alba, Jeremy Piven.  

Um...yeah.  I dunno.








14) Fright Night--8/19/11
Stars: Colin Farrell, David Tennant.  

This is a remake of a movie made back in the day and it sounded interesting.  And I really like Colin Farrell and David Tennant.  I mean, I can trust a movie that the good Doctor is in, right?

No comments: