Monday, September 26, 2011

Green Lantern

I FINALLY saw Green Lantern.  I LOVED it!  Seriously, loved it.  It was funny, Hal Jordan was loveable, and the bad guy got put in his place at the end.  What's not to love?  There was even a hint at the end of a possible (please, for the love of all that is holy, gimme another!) second movie.

Now, I can kinda understand why some people had a problem with the movie.  In fact, there were several people in the theater griping and moaning about how the plot left something to be desired, or the Green Lantern Corp were stupid.  To this I say, shut up and freaking enjoy the simplicity of this movie.  Why can't the movie simply be about the triumph of good over evil?  About accepting that there's fear inside of us and the only way to overcome it is to have the courage to admit it?  I love mind-bending movies as much as the next nerd, but c'mon.  There're times when it's beautiful to simply sit down for a movie and revel in the simplicity of it all.

In light of this, enjoy this picture of my special dollar theater (I know, I'm ashamed) movie ticket.  And a picture of Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) in all his Green Lantern splendor.

On a side note.  For whatever reason, I feel an overwhelming compulsion to add a picture to every post.  Mainly because they look so naked without a picture, y'know?  Maybe it's just me.

1 comment:

brit said...

I agree that posts need pictures! I don't like the look of naked... And! I'm super proud of you for finally seeing that movie. And I'm super proud of Ryan Reynolds for not overdoing the super-low-supposed-to-be-super-sexy-but-is-actually-ridiculous-superhero-voice. I mean, it's still a little silly.. but in comparison to Christian Bale (bail?) it's mighty nice.

p.s. I hate the new batman!! And wtf is up w/Anne Hathaway?