Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Library

I love my library.  Seriously.  If the library had a human persona, and that persona just happened to be male, I'd marry him in a heartbeat.  Seriously, though, my library is the best library on the face of the earth.

I kid you not.  There are always programs to go to, numerous author events, and basic good times.  You can tell that the librarians really care about their job and the library, which makes it an excellent place to simply go to when you want to study or just plop down in a comfy chair and read.

The Provo Library rocks.

Anyway, I volunteered at an author event yesterday.  There were four authors: Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush), Michelle Hodkin (The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer), Elana Johnson (Possession), and Moira Young (Blood Red Road).  It was set up as a panel and the audience was able to text in their questions, which were displayed on a screen behind the authors.  It was a truly excellent way to get audience participation without breaking up the flow of questions by hauling around a microphone to the various audience members.

Also, pictures of the event to come.  I'll add them to this post when I transfer them from my phone to my camera.  I meant to do that yesterday, but I got home pretty late from the event and didn't feel like cracking open my trusty laptop and getting it done.

And can I also say that the morning comes REALLY HEAVEN-FORSAKINGLY EARLY when you go to bed late?  I mean, it was relatively on par with when I usually go to sleep, but it seemed worse this morning.  I blame my brain-addling cold which makes sleep near IMPOSSIBLE.  I mean, despite my exhaustion of the previous night, I couldn't breathe well, so sleep was fleeting.  It was like trying to catch a frolicking unicorn and a leprechaun at the same time.

Anyway.  If you live in the Provo/Orem area, definitely check out the Provo Library (<---oh my goodness, it's a link!).  You won't be disappointed.  You might actually run into me as the library is my second home.  Yep. All they need is a hot chocolate machine or something and I'd live there.  The building is beautiful and there are totally rooms in there that would look lovely as my bedroom.  I can picture it now... *wanders away in a dream-like daze, fantasizing about living in the library*

2 comments:

Amie Kaufman said...

Wow, your library sounds like heaven! What a line-up, just for that event! Here in Australia we're so far from so many of my favourite YA authors, and the idea of seeing a group of them together like that? Woah.

Basically, if your library had a hot chocolate machine, I'd probably move there too.

Super-Nerd said...

Yeah, my library is wonderful. I think I'm going to start petitioning for a hot chocolate machine. It would draw more people in, get them to read. Because who doesn't want to curl up in a cozy comfy library chair with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate?